ten frugal strategies
It isn't just one strategy, or even ten, that I implement to save money. I employ a litany of frugal living strategies to keep my family's monthly budget under $350. Every single thing I do helps contribute to that. I ask myself when every need/want arises, "How can I do that better? How can I do that cheaper?" (The two aren't mutually exclusive!) When I ask these questions, I develop ideas that become habits for a frugal lifestyle. That's how easy it is to save money. The key is asking yourself the important questions and finding solutions that work for you and your family. Peace, B.
1. Bake/cook from scratch.
2. Buy used, if possible.
3. Stockpile your groceries by shopping with coupon sales ad match-ups.
4. Make your own laundry detergents and cleaners.
5. Grow your own food.
6. Don't spend what you don't have.
7. Share and trade goods and services.
8. Do it yourself.
9. Pay with cash.
10. Don't try to keep up with the Joneses. (Unless you're the Joneses. Then, you're good to go.)
I share ideas about each of these strategies on the frugal living blog and you can find archived posts here.